AE-101 is designed for those with minimum or no previous experience. It is a 6-week course that covers basic audio engineering concepts designed to equip students for their first step toward a professional audio engineering and music production career. All of the AE-101 course is hands-on and instructor-led training. Students will also have access to the vintage microphones and top-notch audio processing equipment. It includes 5 hours of lecture, 5 hours of practice and lab work (in-studio) per week.
AE-101 AUDIO CONCEPTS COURSE OUTLINE
INSTRUCTOR: CARL ROBINSON
- Week 1 – What Is Sound?
- Week 1 – Human Hearing & Perception
- Week 2 – Monitoring
- Week 2 – Microphones
- Week 3 – Microphone Techniques & Applications
- Week 3– Analogue vs Digital
- Week 4 – Audio Mixer Basics
- Week 4 – Equalization
- Week 5 – Audio Compression
- Week 5 – Reverb & Delays
- Week 6 – Other Audio Processors
- Week 6 – Audio Mixing Basics